Monday, November 10, 2008

Relationship Royalty.

i'm the queen of the throwaway comment
that bounces back against the rim
of your ear and falls
like the newspaper balls
you transform into game winning goals
screaming as they tip over
into the empty pail
and these sounds circle the edge
and slide off to the side
lying scattered on the floor
piled on their predecessors

I'm the queen of the throwaway comment
and you
you're no environmentalist
leaving them out and about
to decompose in the dust
and theres a toxic buildup
you'll never notice
sinking in my syllables
because i can't give much more
and soon the sludge will stick to your feet
and you'll fall flat into
all the times i told you so

I'm the queen of the throwaway comment
see them drifting around your feet in piles
I'm the queen of the throwaway comment
and you are the king of denial.

1 comment:

Candle in the Dark said...

i think this may be my favorite. possibly. i cant choose though. my favorite part is "you are no environmentalist..."