Sunday, November 30, 2008

Take a Swing.

The door swings both ways
You know
(you would)
but I’m going to go ahead
and oil these hinges
because I’m tired of cringing
in the middle of the night
hearing them creak
wondering whats left
for you to break
because you’re always right
on target
when it comes to shooting
through these sheets I’ve wrapped
around me like the egyptians do
and oh they could learn from me
on how to make the dead
look alive
look a lie
and I think sometimes
I’m mummified
You stole my brain
Straight through your soft lips
Sliding out like a sigh
Cut my heart out
Threw it aside
I probably handed you
The obsidian knife
And here I am
Wrapped in layers as I lie here
Lie about falling downstairs
About knowing that you care
So instead I’m going to oil this door
Shine it smooth
Crawl back into bed
And pretend that I’m dead

One day, you wait.
I’ll remember how the door swings
At some point even clipped birds
Learn to take wing

No comments: