Monday, November 10, 2008

Well?

i'm flying through these photographs
tracing the river
down among the rippling green
watching the wind
through the clouds
and where it throws them haphazard
in the way of me
the secret silver tube
streaking through this sky

beep beep buzz
the radio is calling me
sending its waves bouncing
against my careful cranium
rearranging the atoms
like grains of sand
and one day you'll build a castle
with what you've stolen from me

but now i am still free
still fighting gravity
unaware of this your felony
this my undoing

i'm looking through this landscape
dodging these skyscrapers
wondering what kind of creator
would leave these thousand craters
these thousand traitors
amongst the million dreamers
who've fallen asleep and can't escape
can't explain, can't restrain
these awkward awful expressions
of terror and tension
what happens when the world
gets an extension
and stretches beyond the horizon
and now nothing can surprise them
they're dreamers in delirium

and i'm tumbling too
from this crazy rush of youth
into the craters
patriot or traitor?

no one told me when you stole my heart
the alarms were dead. you got inside my head.
took my walls and windows apart
took my fear of falling and made it fear of flying

no one told me living
felt so much like dying.

1 comment:

JoyfulE said...

we die...so that we might live.I <3 you