Friday, November 21, 2008

one hundred.

this is one hundred.
the tipping point into something new
some place i have not been before
and oh its a strange new world
that i've reached step by step
a thousand slips of the tongue
to slide safe at home
to stand secure and open the door
only to find a universe beyond it
all these syllables and signs
this symbolism and these sighs
have pulled me a long
side step side swipe
wipe your eyes and keep moving on
this is a hundred
and not the end
you were one i loved
and now a friend
there is a difference in truth
a change in trust
i find however
that where i was standing on your toes
(getting in your way
slowing you down)
waltzing as you carried me
life never quite looked the same
a bit of a blur
as to where my world began
and yours ended
now i live on my toes
the world is a dangerous place i know
but you are the one who was
and i am the one who is
this day is one hundred
this is my day of declaration
my hundred definitions
of who is me
who i am
the tipping point my exit
the place where i dicover
i have finally gotten off
your planet your perceptions
your passive love that caught me like a drug
and now im free
and this is one hundred
ways of saying liberty
of me defining reality
this is one hundred
and i know me.

I have many miles before i am home
many hundreds before i am known
but the journey of a thousand thousand thoughts
begins with a hundred poems.

No comments: