Thursday, November 13, 2008

Round One. Retaliate.

i hate walking through this mist
feeling each droplet land on my face
impacting to a sheen across the skin
drop by drop
it outlines my form
until I am blurred into something else
something foreign- some water creature
defined completely by this element
in which she moves

it reminds me of you
the way you constantly throw thoughts at me
small phrases slight glances
and i feel them bending against my skin
hammering against each other
hemming me in with your hidden
strings of sentiment
hidden till you put them in the half-light
like you do
and i see you have been tying my hands
binding my feet
blaming me for backing away
and still they come
landing thick and heavy
till I am trapped in your eyes
playing the role of cruel Beauty
like I'm speaking a foreign language

i hate walking through this mist
wondering where your next trap.

No comments: