Saturday, February 28, 2009

at night

sometimes i open that perfume bottle
just a little
and pretend i can see the scent
rising into the air
practice feeling the way it does
as it coils through this transparent space
and when it hits me
i see in shades of red
where it has spilt down the currents
twisted in upon itself in a small mushroom cloud
and then scatters
leaving nothing but a faint memory
that catches at the corner of your mind
like a name you've forgotten
but sounds like a sigh
in the back of your tongue

sometimes i open that bottle
the one that smells like you
pretend that its you wrapped around me
in the spray
and i blame my tears on the sting of the alcohol

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

is this about.. what I think its about? or am I incredibly self-centered.....

May-Belle said...

your painting?
then yes. :)