Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Now Playing : The Game of Love

You and I in this cinematic fairytale
and you know how it ends how it goes

You lose your heart I lose my soul
and then the credits roll

And aren't we happy aren't we sweet
the couple that made your day complete
walking by on this silver screen
to remind you what first love means
and so you'll wrap your arm around her
and whisper something in her ear
And we'll disappear and it will just be you two here

The credits roll the credits roll
and blackness falls on this my favorite role
looking at you like the sun in my eyes
and having you reach for me without surprise
saying the lines again and again
knowing you don't know the end
so i'll wait until the seats are empty and the film is down
to slide under your door a letter
lets do this again
after all...
sequels pay better.

2 comments:

-evan said...

great ending lines.

a little awkward in the second line of the fourth stanza. like, it's witty, but it doesn't flow too well.

the rhyme scheme was pretty refreshing, but hey, i haven't been here in a while.

Unknown said...

I wasn't going to comment on this one, cos you already know that i loved it, but if i'm trying to bribe you, the more the better right?
"you lose your heart, I lose my soul, and then the credits roll" - I love that line. the way it suggests that we all have to lose something to gain something, even in stories.
And the last line, yes, yes, yes "sequels pay better" indeed. genious
For some reason i remember it being slightly longer when i first saw it. did you edit something? The title is brilliantly puntastic