Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Officer Depression

so go on ahead and write me up
(in adjectives and verbs with a touch of passion)
and give me a ticket
(only tell me where you are taking me)
'cause you are the man in blue
(and i've been down for days)
i don't mind if you lay down the law
(just don't expect me to pick it up)
Just don't give me that look
(they all give it to me too)
you think i'm around the bend
(I was just turning the corner)
and I can't help but smile at you sir

its been so long since i talked to anyone

sometimes the world gets lonely

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Id like it if you took out the last line,
and maybe tweaked some of the other ones.. but I really like:
"and I can't help but smile at you sir
its been so long since i talked to anyone"

Candle in the Dark said...

it does.

Unknown said...

such cynically hilarious comments in the brackets (officer, it was just a case of hit and run). I'm afraid i disagree with anonymous though. i think the last line sums the whole thing up pretty well.
yet another great poem. were you talking to a counselor?:D