Friday, February 20, 2009

Wake up.

throw these treasures in the pack
baby wrap me up wrap me up tight
the storm is coming in
and i'm too tired to swim
too weary to start again
all i ask is to hold me 
i'll close my eyes against the cloth
thats whipping around your form
and pretend that now i am warm
that i don't fear this storm
but my fingers tell the lie
as cold as they are and weak
they cling to you and speak
all the thousand screams of this week
and i don't have the strength
to take them back and try to stand
on my own on this sinking sand
so i'll just bend my body around your hand
and tell you no i'm not crying
no i'm not lying

i'm not dying.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

everyones dying, arent we?
(and if I wasnt the thousandth person to have said that this year, it would have been a worthwhile thing to say..)

I like the bit "I'll just bend my body around your hand and tell you no"

but this is kind of strange for you. to keep repeating yourself..
--
hey,
when youre bored:
MayOurChildrenBuildABetterWorldThanWeHaveMade -new song up. I want to know what you think.

Unknown said...

This poem should strike me as profound, but that one line keeps throwing me off: "Im not crrrryyyyyyiiiiiiinnnng"
On a more serious note: this poem is good. It paints a picture in my mind of one figure standing and staring down an approaching storm with a wild look in their eyes and wrapping their arms around the second person who isn't staring down the storm but is shivering and wanting to run but feeling they have to stay clinging to the first person and pretending to be warm but in reality they're freezing and the only reason they're holding on is because if they let go they'll be blown away by the storm...it's a rather striking image in my mind. great job