Thursday, February 5, 2009

whisper to me

lets get out of this town tonight
i've got enough space in my dreams for two
close your eyes and we'll run up the stairs
feel as they grow slender and smooth
and then we're away
we'll wet our feet on the straggling clouds
laugh as they splash about us
leave them as they fall to the ground
go on chasing something new
when we get tired that's alright
we'll drop down to this foreign ground
and claim it for you and me
build a house with the corners of our bodies
we'll never have to leave

lets get out of this town
its not like we call it home

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

amen AMEN.

Unknown said...

oh, this is a great night for me. i'm practically stuffing my soul senseless on many small mouthfuls of great hannah poems. this one reminded me of a song by the smiths.
"Take me out tonight
Because I want to see people
And I want to see life
Driving in your car
Oh please don't drop me home
Because it's not my home, it's their home
And I'm welcome no more"
it get's at similar emotions. sometimes we just want to get out of these hermit shells and dance and live and curl up and be with someone and then dance and live some more. if only...if only we could fly...
choop