Friday, August 1, 2008

doctors visit

i write
innoculations i
constant reports of heartbreaks
in the melded language
of artist with inkstains
and a officer who's seen it all before
bitter and jaded
and still looking for 
that perfect angle
the way to capture this moment
in the lighting 
the consonants 
the jagged edges of letters
and i take these down
swallowing the pills and panic
the pathos and pain
line by line
step by step
thinking that in a year's time or two
i can take on the disease
in its rampant form
watch it roiling across my skin
through my veins
erupting within my cardiac muscles
and tearing my mind to shreds
and laugh
because ive seen it all. written it all.
down before
down and out.
and i can throw this out
throw it off
stand up and fight these broken hearts
because i've taken my shots
my pills and my potions
and i can beat these wrenching emotions.

if only i could combat
falling in love

1 comment:

Unknown said...

AGREED!! it seems the more immunised we are, the worse the disease is next time. a mutant virus perhaps?
More amazing metaphors. choop choop choop choop.