Monday, August 4, 2008

to the one i would have loved.

i found you in a flower
today
it was red and gold
explosively lovely
growing in my path
as if it belonged there
i stood there
caught
as if my eyes were 
weighing down my feet
while i drunk in the colours
and knelt suddenly
in the dirt
that was clumped and moist
clinging to me
in small black threads
as if to tie me to itself
and the flower grew more gorgeous yet
with small white lines
that raced from the deep golden center
to splay at the tips
like a ray of light
that frays as it begins to touch eternity
and that golden center
so closely hidden
by the outer abundance 
of colour and flair
fluctuated gently in the wind
so gently
it looked like a heart beating
i reached out my hand
to touch
or pluck
i knew not which
and could do neither
with the heaviness of beauty upon me
so knelt frozen for a while
along the path
till with a wrench i understood
stroked a fingertip along the petals
sacred soft
and stood
loath to leave but knowing
that these deep dirt stains
and this stained glass image
is all that i may take with me
i stepped of the pat
finding another and following it
till the redgold sunset haunted me
and i slept
dreaming of you
and saying goodbye
without you knowing 
what you had told me

i found you today
in a flower
and left you to bloom
for the one you belong to

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love it
(and yay, understand it! haha *shakes head*)

-mostly i just love it for the ending, -and the fact it's closer to steadfast than suicidal

miss you, will be back to read more

May-Belle said...

haha thank you

im attempting to avoid that indulgent side.

Anonymous said...

i enjoyed this one. i like that she left the flower to grow in the end and also loved to vivid imagery of the flower. i could feel the golden glow as i was reading :)