Saturday, August 9, 2008

shadow love

i wish you could know me
by my shadow
in my shadow
i am tall and slender
placed cleanly within these lines
a smooth unbroken being
instead of this chaos of scattered edge
broken curves
noise and fear
and colour and dark
and these random words
that fall careless from my tongue
and tangle me in blushes
me in real life
with all my clumsiness
and stumbling
weak knees and fluttery hands
i wish you could know me
by my shadow
all cleancut and smooth
perfect and graceful
simple and comprehensible
i wish you knew me by a shadow

but then again
its hard to hold hands
with the lack of light

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! good job, as always. this one catches amazing emotions, yet you end it on a positive note. Shadows cant shine, ppl can.
I was thinking about shadows a while ago. wondering if the shadows exist cos we do, or if we exist cos the shadows do.

May-Belle said...

i wonder.
if shadows move faster than light. like watch cars drive by and the shadows zoooooom

Cable said...

oooo loved the ending! im particularly enamored w/ shadows and you fit so many beautiful ideas into this perfectly. the ending was amaaaaazing. (each of the extra a's stands for Awesome)